This episode falls under the the category of general knowledge and covers basic instruments/equipment and radio emergency procedures.
We go over:
- Who has control?
- Flight training up to GFPT
- The ’6 pack’
- The Transponder
- Some aviation terminology, acronyms/abbreviations
- Radio emergency procedures
Links relevant to this episode:
- http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/airplane/wrong1.html :: Incorrect Lift Theories – I forgot to add this link in the last episode show notes.
- http://www.avweb.com/news/columns/189016-1.html – AVWeb’s emergency checklist article
If you have a training story, feel free to send it in to me.
Cleared for takeoff!