This episode falls under the the category of meteorology and navigation, providing an introduction to the atmosphere, clouds and aviation publications and maps used by a VFR pilot.
We go over:
- Lift – incorrect theories (Thanks to David Wright for the email reminder)
- Official theory answers versus real answers
- The atmosphere (Air, Boundary Layers, Pressure, Density)
- ISA, ELR and Deviations
- Synoptic charts
- Atmospheric Heating, Cooling, Inversions
- Introduction to wind
- Cloud types
- Common Australian Aviation Publications
- Common Australian Aviation Charts
- Pilots’ Logbook
- Extra: Basic CTAF radio calls
Some links relevant to this episode:
Remember to visit the website at www.studentpilottraining.com to support the show and vote on Podcast Alley.